Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Wheatley

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Default RE: Wheatley

actually its the PCM (powertrain control module) not the ECU. It was $375 including the core charge. Wheatley will give you a good tune but after that dont be surprised if he never replies to you again. ive been asking about a re-tune for a while without reply. he seems to be perpetually"busy" as well.Kinda like a one night stand....He will treat you good until the funs over, then he disappears.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 AM

So would it be worth it? Im picky about how my rig runs. I have a funny feeling that I'm gonna want something changed and then I can't. What should I ask for from him for a tune? Here is the form he sent me:
'_________________________________________________ _____
Wheatley custom tuning order form

Name:
Company:
Phone:
Alternate Phone:
E-Mail:
Street Address:
City:
State:
ZIP:

VIN #:

Vehicle Year:
Vehicle Make:
Model:
Engine size:

Gear Ratio:
Tire Size or height:

Supercharger or nitrous?If so specify (ignore if not)

Cam Specifications (ignore if stock)
Injector Size? (ignore if stock)

Thermostat? Choose one: stock 160deg or 180deg
Electric Fans?
PCM Electric Fan Control?

Octane fuel wanting tuned for?Choose one ---> 85,87,89,91,93

Alittle Firmer tranny shifts than stock or much firmer than stock?

Torque Converter? (ignore if stock)

Shift kit installed or servos? (Ignore if no)

TQ managment remove?If not sure how much to remove just say recommended
amount,or tell us how much you want taken out.

Do you tow heavy loads?If so how much and how often? (If not just say none)

WOT (wide open throttle shift points) specify what you want set at or just say whatever yall recommend.

'_________________________________________________ ______

Also I need someone to look up my gear ratio for me, I looked in my glove box and didn't see anything. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 PM

yes thats the same form i filled out. The tune works, but you better be sure about what you want the first time you order it.

i asked for the 89 octane, moderately firm shifts during normal driving and very firm under WOT, everything else wheatley's choice. also told him what mods i have done.

my tune made my truck run like a spotted ape. My old man has a '06 Duramax with the Bully Dog chip that gives him something like 450 HP and 800 ftlbs of TQ. Before my tune we would drag race each other on the highway all the time and he would smoke my *** by 10 car lengths every time. I raced him this morning (weeks after my tune)and now I hang right with him. I can't quite pass him, but i stay right with him all the way to 110 MPH. it really pisses him off because his truck cost him $42,000 and i paid $18,000 for mine, lol.

My only worry is that I want to do more performance mods to my truck but I dont know if wheatley will retune the PCM for them down the road or not because he never replied to my emails.

*Also, i have found out that adjusting the shift points and firmness can make for an oddly uncomfortable ride on occasion. Every now and then, the tranny acts goofy at low speeds, and will not shift properly if im accelerating slightly. It doesnt seem to be a big problem, but its definitely noticeable. Passengers always ask me "what the hell was that?" when it happens and then it shifts very hard all of a sudden. As far as damage to the tranny....[crosses fingers]

Old 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM

I noticed the same tranny shift thing but I canged my driving style a little and now it doesn't happen. It seems like if you let off the gas a little when its about to shift, it will shift hard. The problem is that I am letting off because I am up to speed. So I started letting off a little ealier or holding it staedy till after the shift. Now I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 PM

I'd rather have that then the stock up shift, down shift "clunk and jerk" when you lay off the gas before a shift and then hit the gas again and it up shifts then quickly down shifts in less than a second. Feels like the transmission sh*t itself.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:42 PM

Here is what I got him to do: 65% Tq managment removed, 93 octane tune, adjust for larger tires, 200 mph speed limiter, higher rpm shift (5600 I think, I will have to check), moderately firm shifts normal driving, very firm at WOT, and orther adjustments as needed for my mods. I am very happy with mine, but wish I had a little more Tq management out. I am concerned that so many people have had trouble getting hold of him. I have not needed to contact him yet.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Yes, i quickly learned how to avoid the hard shift thing too...its not a big deal like i said...just something i noticed.

I think i actually have the exact tune options you have, smoke20. except for the tires, 93 octane, and your specific mods of course.