Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum Discuss the Dodge Ram and Ram 1500 here.

Fixing Up Old Dodge Power Ram(Image Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Default Fixing Up Old Dodge Power Ram(Image Heavy)

Unsure of all the specs on it, I took a few pictures though.

I'll specify that I want to buy this truck because it's my dream type of vehicle.

It belonged to a close family friend who passed away. Before he passed away he sold the majority of his stuff for cheap prices. All the money went to his daughters. I think the truck sold for 300 or 400 dollars. It now belongs to another close family friend. However he never drove it, he just parked it in my grandpas yard. (We share an acreage with him). The truck ran when they parked it. I am considering offering to buy it.

My dad said that I probably would have to pay around 800 just to purchase the truck.

I am considering it, but I'm interested in how much money it would cost me to fix up, since I'm not the greatest with those type of things. I could do some of it myself. But since I'm only 16, I'm more interested in the hole it will leave in my wallet.

Reliability isn't a big deal. I all ready have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2 Litre. Which I use to get around in summer and winter.

These are the thing I'm thinking of doing to it, in order of greatest importance to least

Any engine work (Currently unsure what needs to be done, but im assuming that engine wise the truck needs little work)
New, bigger tires (Unsure of size)
Jack it up, (liftjob)
Tailgate for back
New back bumper
Paint job/Remove dents

The mileage on this truck is low, but it has saw some rough miles. Living up north I've saw this thing tear through practically anything imaginable and making it through. Though sometimes it did rely on it's winch.

Will this be worth my time, or ultimately a waste of money? Honesty please.

If I get more engine information, I'll make sure to post that.

Originally Posted by Pictures

(I'd edit out the plate, but I'm doubting it's even valid anymore)

Not sure if you can see that, but very low kms

Most serious body damage

Only flat tire

Good or bad idea?