Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum Discuss the Dodge Ram and Ram 1500 here.

How low can i go? Seeking advice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Default How low can i go? Seeking advice!!!

My truck (pictured below) is a Ram 1500, 05' single cab, on 22's, it has been lowered enough to level the back to the front, but I want to go down another inch or so. Some people tell me the wheels are going to rub and others say I "should" be ok...... so does anyone know whats really up if I took it down another inch??? IM UP FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS!!
brentcar.jpg?t=1236652337

Old 06-07-2009, 02:42 AM

just looking at the area around the truck, I wouldn't drop it any more. You may need the clearance for bumps. Every time you hit a bump and your tires rub, you're that much closer to a blow out. You're also looking at a lowered cargo weight capacity. If you never haul much more than a cooler of coors AND never go over anything more than small speed bumps, you'll be OK with another INCH, but I wouldn't push beyond that.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:25 PM

Being a Girly-girl like you are, you should buy a Honda. They look much better on the ground. Being stupid and ignorant to boot, you should sell that Dodge and hop on a scooter and peddle your *** wherever yourself takes you. Your a gang-banger-wannabee-idiot. Get a life or drive a truck. Your Choice. At least you don't have hydraulics and "chiny" **** all ovet it. Now, start thinking about making your "truck" look like a TRUCK. Stop with the paint, begin with the function.

carry on, in a manly manner.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:24 AM
Administrator

ok, no need to verbally attack his truck and the owner. Even though we may not all agree with him and what he has done, it's not like a guy on a computer he has never met will change his mind anyway. His question was: "Will my tires rub if I lower it any more?". Not: "does my truck look like one of my ***** has been removed?"

Thomasnhcy, This is a friendly discussion forum on trucks and there is absolutely NONE of that tolerated.

Brentr21, Please please please do not respond to so said post, we do not need a arguement about somethign as trivial as this. I do not know the answer to your question, but as the day goes on, someoene will.

And welcome to the forum

Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by thomasnchy
Being a Girly-girl like you are, you should buy a Honda. They look much better on the ground. Being stupid and ignorant to boot, you should sell that Dodge and hop on a scooter and peddle your *** wherever yourself takes you. Your a gang-banger-wannabee-idiot. Get a life or drive a truck. Your Choice. At least you don't have hydraulics and "chiny" **** all ovet it. Now, start thinking about making your "truck" look like a TRUCK. Stop with the paint, begin with the function.

carry on, in a manly manner.
What is up with this guy???
Your truck looks great man...and I am not a big Doge fan either. Unlike others in this post however I can appreciate others creativity. I personally would leave well enough alone. I have had many lowered trucks and the older and more practical I get the more I realize the cooler something looks usually means the rougher or more uncomfortably they ride. That looks like a real nice driver that could still haul some stuff without a problem. I had a lowered (just in the rear like yours) Silverado 4 door and came across a guy like thomasnchy at a party one night. He started in with all the big wheel / little tire crap. He, by the way, was driving some jacked up BO BO F-150 that was just horrible (and again I can appreciate a nicely done 4X4). Long story short by the end of the night I not only woop him in a drag race, out pulled him, but then found out that his big bad 4X4 didn't even have a front driveshaft in it. He left with his tail between his legs. I think thomasnchy might be related to this guy!
I like the photo too...looks like it belongs in a Dodge ad! Nice Work!!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 PM

I think the truck looks killer. Not my cup of tea, but it looks great.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:30 PM

I think this thomasnchy kid yes i said kid is mad he dont have the truck and his momma still drops him off at school Sharp truck i use to have a 99 dodge that was lowerd man i loved that truck

Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 PM

How to go about this??? Well, guys, I was in the wrong. And I apologize. Everyone was absolutley in the right about what I wrote earlier and I wont make excuses for myself. Just chalk it up to a bad day and too much sun?
The truck looks good, not my cup of tea, but good. That is also a great photo.

Anyways, ... My bad.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Thomasnchy, I am very enthused that you apologized for your mistake as I have had to ban quite a few members for being A$$holes. I was waiting for a response to this thread before I made my decision because you have posted quite a few other helpful posts in this site, and for that I thank you

Old 07-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by thomasnchy
How to go about this??? Well, guys, I was in the wrong. And I apologize. Everyone was absolutley in the right about what I wrote earlier and I wont make excuses for myself. Just chalk it up to a bad day and too much sun?
The truck looks good, not my cup of tea, but good. That is also a great photo.

Anyways, ... My bad.
We all have bad days...glad to see you are feeling better. I guess we will let you stay in the "Cool Guy Club" but your on probation J/K. Welcome back!