General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

ABS and Brake lights on

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Default ABS and Brake lights on

The ABS and Brake lights have been coming on more regularly and staying on longer. With the lights on, there is a fast alert tone beeping away for about 10 seconds when first starting engine. Manual says get brakes checked. I took it to my local tire store and thought the low brake fluid was causing it. Since fluid was looking dirty, I had them purge the system with new fluid also. Lights still on and the brake pads have good linings yet. Their ABS checker failed to communicate with the ABS system, so they recommended I take it to dealer. Neighbor says check connections to each sensor first. Any ideas or just take it to dealer?

help...cww

Old 10-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Default RE: ABS and Brake lights on

GM is famous for the ABS wheel sensors going bad or getting dirty, if you can't find another mech that can read the ABS Codes, check each wheel sensor, make sure they are connected properly and clean, they are magnetic sensors, get metal on them from time to time, makes 'em appear bad when they are not.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Default RE: ABS and Brake lights on

There have been a lot of discrepancies reported in GM sensors. One of my friends had a complain that the wiper sensors would sometime get on and start running all over the wind-screen even in broad day-light. Well, i guess, you can get it fixed from GM service only, coz they must be by now, pretty much accustomed to such issues and they would hardly lose any time fixing it.