General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Best Places To Sell A Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Default How Can I Sell A Used Truck Online?

How to sell a truck online? I had my GMC truck lowered a couple of days ago by clamping the coil springs. The mechanic just heated them which he suggested doing and I agreed just to get it done. I think he might lowered them too far and the tires are now binding. I noticed that it doesn’t run smoothly as before the lowering. It now goes bouncing down the road... I had another mechanic check the springs and he said they are ruined. I don't have the money to put in a a hydraulic system. I am planning to chase after the mechanic because he owes me... After that I will sell my truck online for some financial reasons... When you buy and sell a used truck, do you tell it all? What is/are the good website/s to sell a truck online? I value your suggestions.

Last edited by hookerzzzez; 04-09-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: I added a new question.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

What do you mean it was made in 2005 only?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Administrator

CHeck Kelly Blue Book, NADA, and your local craigslist and that should be an indicator for you

Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Default Reread the modified post.

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
What do you mean it was made in 2005 only?
It was made in 2005 and rarely used.

P.S.: I made some modifications to my post. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Oh ok no problem - first of all never ever heat up springs to lower a vehicle. If this, so called, mechanic did that I wouldn't want him working on anything I own. He needs to buy new springs out of his pocket and install them on his own dime. At this point you will need to get that issue resolved or you will never get the right money for the truck. As far as where to list I would try Craigslist first (it's free, but fairly local) and then if it doesn't sell there try eBay. You can sell on eBay at a fixed price. Good luck!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:25 PM

Thanks Sham.. What about the websites that buy and sell used trucks..? Which ones are reliable..? I want to target audience of truck buyers..

Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 AM
TruckForum Addict

the websites that buy and sell yoru car arent very good i was selling my 88 and i had abunch of them call me autotrader corparation litterly blew my phone up every minute for 20 minutes i answered everytime and they put me to an automated system that said wait and a represenative will be with you they hang up and call again
plus those people charge you fro there services and your not garunteed the asking price of the truck as they advertise
i would use craigslist and to avoid spam emails and stuff
when you make your post it will ask you if you want to hide your email
or anonymise your email
to avoid the spam and scam companys wanting to sell your truck for you
hide your email you wont get any emails as you email address wotn be posted
and only put your phone number down
also anonymizing your email will get spam i foudn that out
so best bet craigslist and hide your email and only list your phone number and yes you should be honest enaugh to tell all that is wrong or you possibly could get sued