General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Waiting for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 07:29 PM
Beginner
Default Waiting for parts?

Sorry it's long but I have been waiting pretty much the same time
So I have my 2006 dakota at a dodge dealership for a replacement on the pcm. It went in first thing june 9th, which was a Monday and was told it would take three days to get the part. Wednesday I call to check what's up and I was told at first the part was in and it should be done by close Cool. Call right before they close and they say the part didn't come like they said but it would be there tomorrow maybe friday.
Friday I call and they say they will check on it and call me back. Nope. Not the first time they never called back. Got to get a Male friend to call (cause they keep blowing me off) and they tell him the part is back ordered and its gonna be the 24th.FFS OK.
The 24th comes and goes so he calls again before close and they say oh the 26th now. 26th comes and still no part. At this point we call the dealership attached to the service center and talk to the manager and we are just like we get it's the covid and stuff is messed up but the lack of communication is ridiculous. He looks into it and now it's supposed to be tuesday so now I wait again. My question is wtf. Is it really taking parts this long to come. I know its gotta be programmed to my vin so I just can't replace it with anything. If it's not there by tuesday should I just yank the car out and try my luck with another shop and hope I don't have to repeat the process all over? I mean I have looked at a handful of dodge approved part suppliers that say they can have the part the next day if I am willing to shell out the money but this place is telling me the only dodge approved place is the one they deal with. It's under a warranty so I am limited on who I can have fix it and not void the warranty. I just want my truck back . It's been almost a month