New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Lovin My New Sierra....With A Few Questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Smile Lovin My New Sierra....With A Few Questions!!!

Hello all. I am new and pretty proud of it. I just got a 2002 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4! This is my first truck and Im so happy with what I got. Still getting use to drivin it, learning how much it costs in fuel, but overall I love having a truck! I have horses and it only make since to have a truck right?! Here it is : Lovin My New Sierra....With A Few Questions!!!-truck-copy.jpg
Now I know that having a topper on it is kinda dumb, or at least its what I have been told. My friends are telling me to take it off cause toppers are for old people. On the other hand I have my family telling me to keep it one. Im kind of 50/50 on it. I would like to have it off and see it without the topper, but on the other hand, I like having it on there for storage purposes and plus, where the hell can I put it without it rusting and getting damaged.

Anyways...truck came with the topper, brand new tires and an auto start! I am the 3rd owner on it, and the youngest, meaning that it has been well taken care of seemingly that the other two owners were older men.

My one question is... the day after I bought it, I was driving down a dirt road, going 30 mph and with dirt roads being bumpy, I heard a rattling sound in the back end. At first I thought that it was the spare, but that is 100% securely tight. I ended up bringing it into the dealership and the service guys looked at it for two hour and took the tires off and looked over EVERYTHING, didnt find anything. As long as the truck is going on a smooth road, its fine. As soon as the back end hits a bump, going 30 or more, it will rattle. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS COULD BE?! I dont think that its something major, but it sure is annoying.

Why is it that after you buy a new (semi new) car/truck...something has to be wrong?! Haha.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Welcome and that looks like a very nice truck! I am not a topper fan, but that is a really nice looking one. They can get in the way, but aren't too terribly difficult to take on and off. I have thought of getting one to haul the dogs to the lake, but haven't yet. Could it be something with the topper that is rattling? Could be an excuse to take it off and see if that solves it. You might want to post the rattle issue in the GMC section to get more input. This section is really just for introductions. Again welcome, we look forward to hearing from you!