New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Mainly here for the coffee and donuts...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 10:02 AM
Beginner
Default Mainly here for the coffee and donuts...

Greetings. I found the place a while back and have enjoyed reading at the site. I like the multi-marque format of different brands and models.

By way of intro not much to say: just an ordinary guy doing life in America: military service (USMC) straight out of high school; got out after 4 years and returned home to marry my high school sweetheart; blessed now with two grown daughters, two God-sent sons in law, and three outstanding grands. We have one inside dog (an English Springer Spaniel).

As of this post I am less than six months from full retirement and looking forward to it. As a long-time forum junkie (more than 20 years participating in and moderating motorcycling forums) I find online communities to be a fantastic source of helpful knowledge, an occasional source of dubious information, and an engaging venue of social interaction. I do have a life outside of the internet, so my post count will not grow on a regular basis.

- Real name is Rick. My forum username is indicative of several vehicles I have owned.
- Education & work: English & Journalism teacher, theologian, and counselor by training
- I love the outdoors and used to say that when I die I don’t want to be buried, instead just put me on a tree limb like the Indians did and let me air dry and blow away as dust.

Best to all, and stay safe!