New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Beginner
Default New member

Hello

new to the sight I’ve gotta 1999 Chevy z71 I got for free I’m trying to make workable ive had the truck since last November. I’ve never been a mechanic and don’t claim to be. I fell on pretty hard times and lost everything. A guy gave me this truck it had been sitting in his field for a year or so said it didn’t run. I took a battery with me it started on the first crank. This is the first Chevy I’ve ever owned and I never had to work on my own trucks. That being said I put that truck in drive and drove it two hundred miles home at 55 mph the transmission was shot. This truck to me is like a stray dog you get that you help out and in return it helps you out. Where like good friends we’ve found each other at the worst of time and have helped make each other feel better. Kinda saved each other’s life. I’ve done so many things I never thought I could do I took out the transmission and took it to get rebuilt and put it back in my self on a gravel driveway and it took forever. But I got it this truck has brought me life lessons when you go from making 15,000 a month to 1500 it’s very humbling. I would have never been caught driving such an old junker but today you couldn’t give me a million dollars for this truck and that’s the truth. I’m constantly improving the truck trying to do it on the weekends and be done before Monday’s because it’s my only vehicle together me and this truck will get back on top and when this truck is done there won’t be an eye that doesn’t see this thing drive down the road. Yo it’s the best therapy a guy could ask for without even knowing. I joined the forum because all the misinformation I get and sometimes I’m throwing money away I don’t have soo hope this will help me out. Nice to be here god bless and let the good times roll