Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story. Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

help please

Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Default help please

hello i am new here and i am hoping i am in the right place.I have a 93 nissan d-21 4x4 and i want to put a small block ford engine in it for mud racing.Can anyone help me with the wiring problems that r asscoicated with this kind of project. Any help would be greatly appeciated thanks in advance.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:25 AM
Administrator

This being your very first post. And it's not even an introduction post.
What your doing (nissan engine swap to a Ford engine) is not that column.
Asking for help with the associated problems.... What problems? What engine?
If your gonna start a Mud Racing hobby? You better be mechanically inclined. Not only mechanically inclined but to be able to fix and Megiver your Mud Rig on the fly in the pits.

Sorry if it sounds like A Rant. So many new members come into our house and don't even introduce themselves but they want us members to help them with what ever problems they have. Then leave to never be heard from again.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Sorry about not having more information.my name is chris from saskatchewan canada and i am putting a ford 302 carbed motor into my 92 nissan body. I am having problems with the wiring from the stock nissan wiring harness to the motor for the altnator,gauges,and lights. I have figured out most of the wiring but still need some help.If anyone has tired anything similar, advice and help would be greatly appreciated. I am mechanically inclined and i have a group of friends that have been in the sport for awhile and we help each other as much as possible before,during ,and after the races.As i am new to this kind of mechanic's i am a little overwhelmed by the size of the job that it intitles to be race ready.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

i would have to agree with in2trux
so many people ask questions and then get answers and go away forever and then when someone has a post asking for help its allways the same people helping
that i mean some people skate off and never give advice or help
and like he said if your gonna be a mud bogger or whatever
i really hope you got the know how and are mechanicly inclined adn have the money to fix the broke stuff your gonna break and dont tell me your not gonna break stuff you will break stuff it is inevidable
so go back and introduce yourself in the newbs forum then go to the nissan forum and post away but dont be that guy that never comes back

Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by blade
i am a little overwhelmed by the size of the job that it intitles to be race ready.
With out being too rude. But dude. The scope of the project your involved in is difficult to be fixed over a web forum.

I would suggest finding yourself a pit crew for your mud bog team.

Your questions, problems and trouble shooting would be best resolved in person with the truck present.

Sorry we haven't been able to help you out. But I hope you'll be able to stick around and share your progress with us and post some pictures.

SUGGESTION: To help out with the scope of your overwhelming project.
Tackle one problem at a time. and bring one problem at a time to the forum.

Welcome to truckforums
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more of your project engine swap as it progresses real soon.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 AM

Thank you for the information about the nissan forum, as i am new to the forum i am alittle unknowing what is out there and how to go about it.i will go there and start out the right way hopefully.And as to having money and a pit crew i have those things as i will be sponsered threw work but the truck build will be mine to do as then i can say i built it and not bought it.I appreciate the help and the point in the right direction on how to navigate the forum site. I hope to have pic's on the build soon to post thank you in advance for any help.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:24 PM
TruckForum Addict

thats cool man i like to hear that in people when they say i built something instead of having it built thats why i only take my stuff to a mechanic if its something i cannot do or if i dont have the right tools
the only time i have braught something to someone else to fix was my light control modual in my car thats after i had figured out that was it by troubleshooting stuff
and hope to see pictures
and good luck on mud bogin if i had the time and money i would be doin that eveyr weekend

Old 06-06-2011, 07:55 PM

thanks for the comments and i hope to start on my truck this weekend and i will post pic's as soon as i can