Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

goodbye truck forums

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Administrator

I can assure you that the moderator responsible for your citation had only the best-intentions of the website in mind when sending you the Private Message. It was most likely only a misunderstanding. Internet help forums have the downside of being prime spots for trolls, spam, and just general misunderstandings.

There is no harm, no foul... and I would like to see it stay that way. I don't want to see any distaste towards any members or moderators. The moderator in question is here for the same reason as everyone else; to help people with their trucks and truck related questions.

This thread is now closed. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about truckforums. We try our hardest to keep this a safe and fun forum

Old 09-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Senior Site Administrator

I am the "mod" in question here.

And just FYI, I am the Administrator, not moderator.

Also, I have been working for these sites since 2005 since you call my experience into question. I run 5 sites at any given time.

As far as I recall, I simply asked you to consolidate all of the threads pertaining to your project into one and requested that you check the facts of your posts while answering tech questions. We dont need 1,000 new threads per day updating us everytime you torque down a bolt.

Also if I recall correctly, I applauded you for your dedication of time to this site and thanked you for participation here.

I certainly wasnt attacking you as you put it, or singling you out. I have a job to do here and many other places. So thats why my post count is considered low to you. Normally I check in the site, answer questions if I have time, delete spam, move threads, etc. I have to make time for 4 other sites as well that I am more dedicated to.

Once again if theres an issue in the future I would appreciate a private message instead of a public call out. And if it happens again I will be sure to give you an infraction or a little vacation from the site.

Enjoy the site

nj85z28