Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Got Rear Ended today... I WON!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Default Got Rear Ended today... I WON!

So I was coming out of the school parking lot and I stopped in traffic. all of a sudden I get hit from behind hard enough to make the truck jump forward a few feet and whip my head into the headrest. Here are some pics of the damage. I suffered a ding in the bumper and a broken exhaust mount. I believe that the bumper is pulled down a bit as well but I'm not sure. The Honda Accord was a little bit worse for the wear...

I guess I would venture far enough as to say that my hitch may have saved me...

Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

That shows you just how well american trucks are made :-)

I am glad you didnt get hurt. Was the other driver cited??

Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Administrator

No tickets were issued and no cops were called. i may have found a loophole in my PL/PD policy that may cover my damage, which isn't readily apparent but is there.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

let me guess female talking on her cell phone, when she hit you??

There are alot of accidents around here caused by people with cell phones, paying more attention to their converstations then the road.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Actually no, I have reason to believe that the dude was lighting one up and wasn't paying attention, made more suspicious by the way his passenger got the hell out of there as fast as he possibly could... but I'm not sure. I know his track record, but I'm not really worried about it because the Insurance company may just cut me a check for $500 and call it good. i know I can fix it for way less than that...

Old 04-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I'm glad your OK man! I had the same thing happen to me at a toll plaza when I lived down in Florida. I have always left my hitch installed since then. Mine went right through the little cars condenser and radiator. I got out looked at my truck and looked at the car and told the lady I wouldn't even worry about calling the cops, but she might need to call a tow truck instead. Unfortunately for her there was a cop a couple rows down that witnessed the whole thing so she got a ticket, tow home, and a big repair bill. I guess it gets expensive being stupid! I never even tried to get any money b/c I couldn't even find a scratch. I guess if I was like some people I would have sued for whiplash. Anyway, again I am glad you and your truck came out OK!

Old 04-29-2010, 09:35 AM

Good to hear your alright. See what happens when an car hits a truck, the truck always win. Lesson of the day don't run into a truck your not going to win.