Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

My truck was involved in a hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Default RE: My truck was involved in a hit and run

What idiots!

Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Default RE: My truck was involved in a hit and run

I got a good one for ya'll. One night I stayed at a friends because we were going to get up about6 AMto leave to go to a concert and spend a week of vacationin Chicago its about a 6 hr drive from where I am at,( we didn't have the money to take an expensive vacation at the time).By the time I gotto my buddies houseacouple of my other friends had beat me there, as I had to worklate (a 16 hour day) thatday.Soby the time I got off went home packed and got to my friends everybody else had filled the driveway, there was four of us going so we were all going to take turns drivingso.I decidedI would get upand take a shower to wake myselfup and drivefirst sinceI would probably need a nap by 1 or2.When we got up to leave I jumped in theshower, so the guys all went out to packthetruck we were taking. One of my friends came back in and knocked on the door and said(Dude your truck was hit last night) (THE WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD)were all still trying to figure outhow we didn't hear it other than the fact we had all worked theprevious day and were exhausted. The police cameand took a report. My truck had the hood smashed and the lights on the driver side were busted,the mirrorwas gone, the rear bumper was smashed and the doorswere smashed and the rear glass on the drivers side was shattered.During the investigation the cops found a wrecked car in a ditch about 4 blocks down theroad.
This happened outon a two lane country road and my truck wasoff the road far enough (apparently not far enough though). Then the worst part the neighbor lady about 75 yrs old couldn'tsleepso shewas watching tv at about 1:30 am whenit happenedand she didn't even us or the police because she didn't want to get involved. 1 week later they found the suspect a 12 year old and 13 year old that had stolen the babysitters car. (Good Babysitting.lol.). Both parents and the babysitter had to cover the damage and the babysitter was charged with I think negligence of a minor(s). As long as I live I will never forget it, just hearing my buddy go "dude you know somebody hit your truck", quite possibly the worst feeling ever.