Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Riddle Answer

Old 05-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Default Riddle Answer

You guys are not very creative...use deductive reasoning...in other words,process of elimination.

ok,3 guys...2 wt hats,3 red hats.

the guy in the rear says "I don't know what color I have on"...this tells us something......IT TELLS US THAT THE FIRST 2 MEN CAN NOT BOTH HAVE WHITE HATS...if both had white,man #3 would know his is red....so both fron men DO NOT have whitehats.

Guy #2 heard what #3 said...so he knows the himself and the guy in front of him can not both have white hats....so,IF MAN #2 were TO SEE A WHITE HAT IN FRONT OF HIm,HE WOULD KNOW HIS HAT IS RED...BUT SINCE HE DID NOT KNOW HIS COLOR EITHER,IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR MAN #1 TO HAVE A WHITE HAT.

His hat is red

Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Default RE: Riddle Answer

You successfully confused me.[/align][/align]#3 doesn't know his color, so obviously the two in front do not both have white hats on, because if they did, he would know he had on a red hat.[/align][/align][/align]Guy #2 heard guy #3. He knows that #1 and himself cannot both have white hats. #3 can still possibly have a white hat and so can #1. [/align]If he were to see a white hat in front of him, he would know that he had a red hat on.[/align]If he were to see a red hat, he wouldn't know what colorhat he has.[/align]But since he truthfully admitted that he did not have a clue what hat he had on, then obviously #1 can't be wearing a white hat because there is an extra red hat floating around and if he were wearing a white hat (there are only two) then he would have to be wearing a red hat. [/align][/align]Ok I'm un-confused.[/align][/align]Summary:[/align]#3 said (in effect)that #1 and #2 are not both wearing white hats, because if they were, then #3 would know he has a red hat. #3 was truthful[/align]If #1 had a white hat on, then #2 would know he has a red hat on, but he was truthful[/align]#1 has a red hat on, because if he were to have a whit hat on, #2 wouldn't be truthful.[/align]

Old 05-21-2008, 09:57 PM
TruckForum Addict

I like Brent's first response. If I put the hats on them they'll have whatever color I put on them, LOL. Give is something easier Steve. Maybe a good knock knock joke, LOL!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 AM

What the hell Argon?
Just because we all failed miserably at something a well adjusted 3rd grader could determine in relatively short order doesn't mean that we're all hopeless and lack creativity. : )

I agree with Charger though... Brent's answer was waaaaaay better.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:18 AM

gold...think elimination...

we are eliminating the possibility of white...

#3 tells us both front hats can not be white.
#2 ,knowing this,if he were to see 1 white hat in front of him,would know his is red,...so it is impossible for #1 to be white

Old 05-22-2008, 02:00 PM

I got it now.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 PM

It's still not a good riddle. Good riddles usually generate a chuckle, or maybe even a guffaw... not malcontention, and irritability.

C'mon!!![&:]

Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 PM

lol[/align][/align]How could I place a bookbag on the floor of an empty room so no one could jump over it? [/align]