Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

This will make your heart feel good!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator
Default This will make your heart feel good!

I am an avid motorcycle enthusiast and a former shop owner. I am a member of another forum/club call The Road Star Clinic. Obviously our bike of choice is the Yamaha Road Star. Anyway, this is a world wide club and we have members all over the U.S., Canada, Australia, Spain, and more. My step Grandfather who lives in Simi Valley, California is also a Road Star rider (but not a member of our club) and his health has began to weaken due to cancer that is directly related to agent orange - he is a Vietnam Veteran. He informed us he was having an issue with his 100,000 plus mile bike. I live in South Carolina so I was unable to help so I posted a thread on the clubs website looking for someone to maybe lend a hand and help him out. Well to make a long story short a local bike shop (No Pork Motorsports in Norco, CA) who is normally closed on Sundays opened their shop to devote an enire day to his bike. Many of the members of our club showed up and they did a complete overhaul of his bike. They replaced things that he wasn't even complaining about and stripped his bike down for a COMPLETE detail. I'm talking about down to the bare frame and motor. No Pork has a huge collection of used parts and donated a ton of stuff. The owner called in a favor to their tire supplier and is trying to get a new tire donated for this project as well. They (No Pork Motorsports) are refusing compensation too. Now just to clarify I have never met these guys in person and have never had any dealings with No Pork whatsoever. This was strictly a good deed done without any expectations. I am sure some of you guys ride so if your in the Norco, CA area go check them out or order online @ www.nopork.com. They are TOP NOTCH guys that still care about their customers!!!!!!

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 11-08-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Great story and good on you for promoting the guys who helped your Grandad. Just goes to show there are still some good folks out there, somewhere!

Nadeem

Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 AM

Yes these are all wonderful ,good to know you are owner of a small motorsport ,well take care of your grandfather i will pray for him and thanks for all those guys who helped your grandfather .