Toyota Tundra Discuss the Toyota Tundra here.

Motor Trend Truck of the Year!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Default RE: Motor Trend Truck of the Year!

Actually, you did notice MT picked the Silverado over the Turd in a head to head even though the Silverado is a year older design.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: jeg1

Actually, you did notice MT picked the Silverado over the Turd in a head to head even though the Silverado is a year older design.
Wow, i've been trying to distance myself from auto's lately (everytime i get to reading and looking ends up in buying and i just bought another car my wife wasn't happy about) but i never seen a head to head with a new Tundra in it that the Tundra didn't win the overall comparison in! I personally could care less anyway what somePAID person has to say about something. I prefer to put my butt in the seat and make my own opinions, and mine is based purely on power- not looks or brand loyalty. So, for now, i can't see anything except maybe (small maybe)a Titan, changing my opinion on the supreme truck right now, once again i look for power-handling-braking not cushy seats or xm radio. I just might have to take a look at that article when i get bored tonight at work lol.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:00 AM

wow, the link to that review was a joke! The tundra did everything, except the slalom due to it's aggressive off road tires- which they said would no doubt win with a street tire, better than the chevy but lost the comparison because it was priced more? What a joke! They even said chevy's HD 6.0L would be needed to better compare to the Tundra but would still come up short. So, if you buy a truck based on price, i guess the chevy wins then. Glade my overpriced fastest 1/2 ton stock 4X4 they ever testedis only afforded by use select few lol! Joking aside, i never read such a retarted conclusion to a otherwise informative review.