Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

350 motor mount for '75 pick up

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Default 350 motor mount for '75 pick up

Hi:

How do I find out the placement of the motor mounts for my truck ('75 C10 shortbed)? Does anyone have a picture of which set of bolt holes I use? The motor in the truck was dropped in and it seems that the previous owner just cannibalized from some other random truck. I'd like to replace the mounts with stock configuration. At this point I'm having trouble figuring out where the appropriate placement is.

Is there a thread for the install that someone's posted . . . maybe from an engine swap or something?

Thanks,

Jon

Old 09-09-2011, 06:16 PM

Which engine are you putting in and do you know what engine was in it originally?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by MrDragon
Which engine are you putting in and do you know what engine was in it originally?

Thanks for responding to my problem MrD:

The engine is installed already; a 350. I don't have information on what was originally installed at this time.

My dilemma is the mounts are not positioned to the frame in a manner that seems reasonable or correct. That is, one side is markedly offset from the other. It's as if the previous owner dropped in the 350 and didn't have the correct motor mount so used whatever could be scavenged and handy to expedite the sale of the truck . . . jury rigged a mount into place using whatever bolt holes in the frame proximal to the engine-mount bolt holes on the block (that had to be used) in order to permit the install of that scavenged part. As if the engine to frame attachment was dictated by the need to use some random part that was available; correct or not.

That's the source of my confusion . . . which one of the engine mounts (the actual part I need) is correct? Is this the way it should be? How do I source the information to judge what needs retrofitted and how? I was hoping for a thread on a rebuild/reinstall of a 350 in a C10 that would give me (from a description and pictures) an idea about how to judge and proceed.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Jon

Old 09-10-2011, 08:30 AM

Honestly, put in a call to Jegs or Summit and tell them what year truck you're working on and the motor you're putting in it. They'll get you what you need pretty easy and cheap. They shouldn't be more than around $40.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 AM
TruckForum Addict

Perhaps a picture would help us figure out if thats the way the mount should be.