Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Boys n Gals, i'm impressed with my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Default Boys n Gals, i'm impressed with my truck

Well, Today, my brother, my neice and myself decided rather than going snowmobiling, since there very little snow in some places, that we would take our 4X4's down this road where we have a fire every sunday when snowmobiling. Its like an access road, so its plenty wide enuf but snow don't melt very quick because of the shade. This road is maybe 2 miles long from beginning to end X 2 as its a deadend road. So, heres the details. My brother has an '06 Hummer H3, my neice has like an '04 Wrangler with 33's and an 8,000 Lb. winch on the front (Luckily...). Well, my neice went 1st. Average depth of snow was about a foot or more. She went in, got stuck mostly from inexperience, winched herself out and continued on. She stopped about half way in, waiting for my brother (her Dad), to see if hes gonna make it. Well, he got stuck. Amanda pulled out her dad, and he stopped where she had stopped. Here i come, being 3rd in line, i figured, i'm dinked......... I made it to the 1/2 mark w/o getting stuck . So we take off again, a little ways more and Amanda gets stuck again, not a biggie, she pulled herself out, and continued on, to the end. Here goes my brother, he made it to the end w/o getting stuck. Here i come, i made it to the end w/o getting stuck, everyone hootin n hollerin rootin me on. On the way back, same order. Amanda goes and gets off the side of the road, about the halfway point again and is stuck, pulled herself out, and continued back out to the end. Here comes my brother, and he made it all the way out this time w/o getting the Hummer stuck. Now here i come, get all the way to the LAST corner where the snow was DEEP, and the truck was spinning and digging but rather than stopping before the snow stopped me, there i was, hung tight [sm=boohoo.gif], Reverse or drive, she weren't movin an inch, so Amanda came in, and hooked onto me, and i was dragging her Jeep forward, so she hooked it to a tree, and out i came. Just as i got unstuck, my ABS light came on, and i figured rut row, come to find out, brakes musta been wet. It went back out shortly after, but i was very impressed with my truck to say the least..................

Old 04-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Default RE: Boys n Gals, i'm impressed with my truck

Hell yeah GO CHEVY!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM

Git er done!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:01 AM

atta boy! what kind of tires does everybody have?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 PM

My tiresare "Capitals" something.They were $100.00 mounted and balanced, as before i bought the truck, i requested them to put 4 new tires on the truck. I like them, they're quiet but yet aggressive enough. They are 265x75x16's.