Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Common Chevy & GMC Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 AM

99-04 transmission, 4L60E and 4L80 i yank these things every week at least 4 or 5 at thee tranny shop, i could probly take them out with my eyes closed

Old 06-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

How about the 99 - newer catalytic converters. They seem to get clogged or come apart much more frequently then previous years.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Default Common Chevy GMC Issues

Yes this is the wifes red GMC.

I have built 3 front crossmembers now, and I keep redesigning the shackle hangars on each build. Chevy IFS is junk when its lifted.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:13 PM
BGB

I'm a new member here. I just purchased my first Chevy ever - 07 Silverado Z71 LT2. My last two vehicles were Ford vans. I'm disappointed to find either a battery drain or some other electrical problem. Web searches have shown others have this problem also and folks don't seem to get much help from the dealerships. I'm expecting the same so I'm doing some upfront research. I didn't see others mentioning this.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:09 AM

Is yours one of the GM vehicles potentially affected by leaking intake gaskets?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 AM

hi was wondering how you repair 4x4 sensor thanks, Zach

Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM

i have a rattle at the bottom of column. not inter. shaft changed it what can it be
Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
1999-Later Steering Shaft Bump - You will feel bumping in your steering wheel and/or it feels like something is loose in the front end. - GM sells a kit to regrease these and get rid of the bump, but they will have to regreased periodically. There are some aftermarket units that are supposed to get rid of this issue once and for all. I haven't had any experience with them though.

Alot of people don't realize that some GM trucks have what is called a cabin filter. This filters the air that is blown out of your A/C vents. If your blower doesn't feel like it blows that hard or you have a foul odor check that filter. It is located under the dash on the passenger side. They have some available with arm & hammer which is supposed to neutralize odor. I put one in my work truck and it made a great difference...the blower blows harder now and there is a fresh smell coming from the A/C now. When I took the old one out there was a bunch of crap that came out with it (dirt, leaves, dust, and a bunch of funky stuff). Look into it!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 PM

02 reverse drum in autmatic transmission
the truck will operate normally forward but you cant back up

Old 08-14-2009, 01:31 AM

It always seems to be one light that goes out, it's a easy fix, my friend used 12 gauge stranded wire and re-wired it. But some of the plugs that go to long will have burn marks inside. The people I work with say that the wires are under-rated for the voltage. I work at a warehouse where we sell these and everything else for trucks and I just went and got 2 of them and my DT lights seem to be brighter.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 PM

Airbag light comes on- passenger bladder sensor needs to be replaced.
99-04 GM TPMS sensors suck to get the light out
question? did they fix the 4l60's after 04?

Quick Reply: Common Chevy & GMC Issues