Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum ForUs - Why are WE HERE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Default Forum ForUs - Why are WE HERE?

---------------------Looking Back, Seeing Ahead---------------------
I thought that even though most of you know the answer to this Question I posted, some may need to revisit the roots of why we are here. I look back and refer to LS1.com in many of my posts. The reason is, it worked and started a trend. Why? Because Old School guys took the time out of their day to relieve the confusion of some single person with an obscure, even stupid post. Little did they know, 100 other guys wanted to ask the same question but just felt, well, stupid. "Hail to all Stupid Questions," became the Motto of LS1.com!@! They didn't always know the answers but tried to point us in the right direction. I think there were 4 guys who actually knew the answer to most posts. I have to tell you, some of the posts were just plain weak. I should know, many were mine. Many of us were still stunned by GM's jump from 1995 to 1996 when they pumped out 55 more horsepower from the 5.7 liter. In 1999 when GM sprung upon us the Vortec/LS1 type motors, we were lost. At that time, the 5.3L motor made 285hp and 325ft/lbs of torque. Our Trucks kicked *** when no others did!@! It was the potential and the Characteristics of the motor we were told to look forward to. $hit, were they right. The LS1 had tremendous power in the top end range, which made it great for drag racing. Like the earlier 96-98 Vortec motor, it responded great to bolt-ons that let it BREATH, while having a great power band.
The problem was, HOW THE HELL DO WE GET TO IT? Well, we had our own "True," GM rep from the "SkunkWrks Division," and Calif Locals Ron Zimmerman, Steve Cole and Massachusetts own Tom Tbyrne; legends all. It was the Forum model brought about by the members of the "SkunkWrks Division," that took us hook, line and sinker. It got crazy. After about a month, people saw that it was a requirement that everybody ask at least 10 stupid questions. It was GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. It was "Jr. Granatilli," our Oxnard Calif boy, son of a legend and a Ford DieHard who reached out to us GM guys with a MAF. Who would a thunk that single add on would allow every other bolt on to achieve its full potential. I have #002 GMS MAF and Display it proudly with all my other goodies.
I have been going back, way back into this forum looking for questions that were never responded to. Why? Not because I have the answers, I'm no expert. I've just spent a ton of cash trying bolt-on after bolt-on. I have made so many mistakes; I can say I am an expert of "What Not To Do." I go back looking for those un-answered posts because I was that guy and still am that guy and I know if one guys posts a question, you can bet there are 50 more that won't have to. Some people have trouble posting, many people don't have time to respond to a post. Then why do we all have time to READ THEM. Because we CARE. Some of us here will never part with our beloved trucks, I am such a person. It is for that reason we need to share what parts can be swapped, what doesn't work and why one handheld programmer is not good for all.'
I Posted this Post hoping that others will go back into the archives and answers some of the "non-replied," questions posted. Chances are you will have the answer, one that 50 guys have been waiting 6 months for you to answer. They want to know because they CARE.
Lets have FuN being smart, being stupid; being owners of Silverado’s. What the hell do we have to loose.
Greek