Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Default RE: GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can

Mechanically they are the same though, correct?

I definately prefer the GMC grill over the Chevy's ...especially on the '07's ...The first time I saw an '07, it was a Chevy ...and I thought to myself "I'm glad I have an '05" ...then I saw the '07 GMC ...pretty sharp looking. I wonder what it looks like with an aftermarket grill overlay.

Ryan ...got experience with Yukon's? My wife wants to get one, but prefers the previous body styles ...other than body redesign and the hybrid ...any advantages to the '07 (and soon the '08)?

Old 09-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Did the 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 come with front seatbelt pre-tensioners?

Thx.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:58 PM

1. Mechanically they are the same, yes.
2. The immediately apparent advantage to the newer models is their compatibility with E-85 (Ethanol). Apart from that, the newer models have better fuel economy, improved warranty and are more aerodynamic.

1. To the best of my knowledge, the pre-tensioners started somewhere around the 06-07 model year. So no, I don't believe the 2000 Sierra was equipped with them.

On an interesting side note (at least to me), while at a restaurant for my anniversary this past weekend, we were offered a $64 bottle of WATER [sm=WTFsgign.gif]. It apparently was bottled somewhere in Tennessee and was called "Bling", and came in a crystal-encrusted bottle. Is this the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard in your life (or is it just me)?!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:03 AM

I RECENTLY POSTED THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH A 1987 GMC HIGH SIERRA, THAT I PURCHASED FROM A YOUNG GUY WHO HAD STARTED MODIFYING THE TRUCK AND THEN DECIDED TO SELL IT. THE PROBLEM IS, HE INSTALLED HEADERS AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO RE-INSTALL THE POWER STEERING PUMP AND BELTS BECAUSE HE LOST ACCESS TO 2 MOUNTING STUD LOCATIONS IN THE PROCESS. SO, HOW DOI OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM. MY RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET HAS HAD NO RESULTS. MY GM PARTS DEALER SAID I SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THEM AFTER MARKET. HELP!!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 AM

Ryan, I'm glad someone like you is on this board and will answer questions.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:56 AM

My truck is making noise ever since i put nerf bars on it. the guy that put them on said that he put the spacers on so he does not know why it doing that! should i get someone else to take them off and try putting them back on again. This is really upsetting to me, i can not believer i messed up my truck like that, it's only one month old, and it sounds like its been through hell and back!! Please help me!!

Old 09-25-2007, 02:12 PM

Kcoers: No problem! I'm glad to help, and it's nice to be appreciated.

Glasgowarm & Stormiedst: Tech questions, aww dang. I really don't know the answers, but luckily I know someone who probably will: Randy McGregor, our Service/Parts Manager. I will connect with him regarding your questions and will post the answers sometime tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon.

And since I didn't see this smiley on my last post, I'll put it here (just scroll up to my last post to get the reference):
[sm=bling.gif]

Old 09-26-2007, 03:55 PM

Ryan
To answer your question...yes I can tell the difference between GMC and Chevy. I compared the 2 comparably equiped and chose the GMC even though I could get the Chevy for a little less. For me it was worth the extra couple of grand...I have a 07 Sierra 1500 Crewcab SLE2 package with the Z85package, theZ60 suspension packagecomplete with 20's also. I love it...smoothest ride Ive ever had in a truck. I have just a couple of questions and although you already said you dont have the mechanical part down Im hoping you can use your resources for the answers.

First off aftermarket stuff. Ive heard after market exhaust dont run to good or sound to good with the new engines. Especially when they switch to 4 cyl mode. Pro's- Cons? Also I would like to know if Cold Air Intakes will make any difference at all? And the Big one....as previously stated I love the ride....that being said I would like to put a lift kit on it but I dont want to lose the smoothness. Any thoughts? And of course would any of these affect my warr.?

Robert

Old 10-01-2007, 04:39 PM

Heres a question for you,Ryan.I just recieved a letter from GM on the speedo cluster.The problem I have is they put limits like 7 years after put into operation or 70,000 miles(10,000 a year?)Mines an 04' with 118000 miles I traveled alot.Do you think that they may show a little mercy and fix it anyway?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM

OK lets see how good you are. I cannot find anyone that can answer this yet.Well I have a 91 GMC with a 350. When I bought the truck it had a rough idle in cold weather. ( I live in MT). Well I had a brand new 350 installed by a mechanic in my truck and I still have the same problem and now it rough idles when the motor is hot. I had the idle control replaced and nothing. Like I said the motor itself is new. And the rough idle is intermittent.

Quick Reply: GMC Sierra & Commercial Dealer, here to answer any questions I can