Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Which relay controls ignition switch, stereo, PW, A/C, etc? Mine is stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:11 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

NICE.......not......as far as the airbag goes if I remember right you have to have the battery un done for 30 min.....I forgot about the torx sockets (i use a pair of vice grips most of the time ) Im thinking some investigation needs to be done in the spliced and taped up mess....but that is up to you and yes the nuts are for dropping the column....I found removing the trim peice around the instument cluster makes it eaiser to remove the shroud around the column....keep us informed..........

Old 03-26-2009, 03:28 PM

Sure is lonely on this post Used to be able to change the title of the posting since my original title no longer matches my problem - it might attract more opinions. Don't get me wrong, Chris has been the most helpful and accurate with help on this posting and others, but either I've stumped everyone else or the title isn't attracting any eyes.

Either way, thanks for the input Chris!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:04 PM

no problem Tom.........I ve got some other things going on today (broken washing machine)(if it aint one thing its another) but I will be around the computer most of the evening if you need any more help

Old 03-26-2009, 08:23 PM

I'll be out there wrenching what I can get to - I don't have the Torx sockets yet and am really trying to do it right so I don't destroy them taking them off. Probably won't ever have to again but ya never know, ya?

The spaghetti I have in the column runs below and underneath the steering column, leading up to the ignition switch connector so I'm hoping that it'll all be replaced with a new switch. D@mmit. Anyway... it looks like the aftermarket doodads that are no longer a part of the vehicle are the reason for the re-splicing. I will check all the connections when I remove the switch harness and if by some chance I find one that's loose or whatever, then luck is on my side. Otherwise, it's $131. I'm prepared to spend it so no biggie - but it will be a bonus if I don't have to. However, this is probably just the beginning of the wiring problems that are bound to come up.

Alright, pizza is almost done in the oven (burned one last night... ) so gonna finish my Newcastle, open ANOTHER Newcastle, and get to it.

Good luck on the washing machine, bro. D@mn gremlins.......

Old 03-27-2009, 03:12 PM

What is a Newcastle?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM

PHFFFPFJPSFJSFPFFSFPHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (spit take )

Dude, don't do that to me. I almost lost it

And THIS is a NEWCASTLE I highly recommend it unless you're an American Lager kinda guy (Bud, Coors Lite, etc.). Kinda nutty, not too rich.

Name:  newcastle.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  29.8 KB

Last edited by dmccartyfan; 03-27-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:49 PM

ya know I was wondering the same thing..........just knew better than to ask.... I think I will stick with my Coors Light

Old 03-27-2009, 08:57 PM

O that's vile...

Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 PM

2 each their own......I guess.....hows the wiring mess coming Tom?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 AM

I'm gonna dig into it Sunday. Haven't REALLY needed transportation this week and lighting is a real issue but I'm off Sunday and that'll be the day.

Howz the washing machine?

Quick Reply: Which relay controls ignition switch, stereo, PW, A/C, etc? Mine is stuck?