Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default finally got done with my brakes

went to my auto parts store baught a 12 oz can of r13 started to charge the system but my ac compressor pully is sol kicks on and off short cycles it so know i gotta breakdown and by a new one hopefully i can find one used at a junkyard that actually works
also started to get my exsasut manifolds off and halfway thru i got mad cause i didnt realize i had to take off a pully just to get the mount for the altenator off to get to the back bolts on teh studs on the driverside front one
so i put all the bolts back on said another day too hott to freaking work on it any more
also going to see if my brothers ac needs charged charge his then ill be done workin on vehicals today

Old 06-19-2011, 03:11 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by Perfectwave
I also have the weird idle thing going on. The guy I bought the truck from said it needs a new TB. Didnt think about vacuum lines.
that will cause alot of the problem also you might wanna check the tbi gasket to do this and to also check the vacum lines get some brake cleaner or wd40 whichever
spary one line at a time when the truck is idleing if it bogs down when you spary that line its bad if it dont at all its good
to check the tbi gasket spray brake cleaner on the outside of the tbi around the bottom of the whole thing if it is bad it should bog it down
also check your idle air control valve if its all gunked up it can cause ruff idle
i have a picture of the idle air control valve on my profile pictures
the iac is located on the pass side of the tbi it will be a brass colored thing with a plug that has four pin connection and it will need a rather large wrench or cresent wrench to get it off
clean it up with cleaner tbi cleaner put it back in and see if it still does it also
check your intake manifold gasket by spraying some wd40 or brake cleaner on it if its bad it will suck it down and cause it to bog down

Old 06-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Beginner

Wow, thx for all the info! Guess I've got some work to do.
Originally Posted by cubpak89
that will cause alot of the problem also you might wanna check the tbi gasket to do this and to also check the vacum lines get some brake cleaner or wd40 whichever
spary one line at a time when the truck is idleing if it bogs down when you spary that line its bad if it dont at all its good
to check the tbi gasket spray brake cleaner on the outside of the tbi around the bottom of the whole thing if it is bad it should bog it down
also check your idle air control valve if its all gunked up it can cause ruff idle
i have a picture of the idle air control valve on my profile pictures
the iac is located on the pass side of the tbi it will be a brass colored thing with a plug that has four pin connection and it will need a rather large wrench or cresent wrench to get it off
clean it up with cleaner tbi cleaner put it back in and see if it still does it also
check your intake manifold gasket by spraying some wd40 or brake cleaner on it if its bad it will suck it down and cause it to bog down

Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM
TruckForum Addict

well today at lunch at work i did the paperclip trick to my obd1 port and it came up with one code 13 so i got some research to do
and also my vacum hoses were replaced yesterday and runs better but i still need to get my egr valve replaced so it will run better

Old 06-21-2011, 06:11 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by Perfectwave
Wow, thx for all the info! Guess I've got some work to do.
lol yeah its not that is alot its just time consuming and can be very tedious but well worth it in the end when you find out you dont have to buy something expensive to make it work
and keep us posted

Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Started trying to troubleshoot an O2 sensor code. I have been getting a bank 1 sensor 2 code (drivers side after cat). So I swapped O2 sensors from the drivers side to the passenger side to see if the code follows the sensor. I cleaned them while they were out - which I am not going to get my hopes up that it will fix the issue. They were a real **** to get out!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
Started trying to troubleshoot an O2 sensor code. I have been getting a bank 1 sensor 2 code (drivers side after cat). So I swapped O2 sensors from the drivers side to the passenger side to see if the code follows the sensor. I cleaned them while they were out - which I am not going to get my hopes up that it will fix the issue. They were a real **** to get out!!!!!!
they are a pita
i found out today that my cumpture didnt get teh o2 sensor delete like it was suposed to so know im in the process of finding some shorty headers and new o2 sensors for a good price

Old 06-22-2011, 05:44 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default drove my first semi truck

well it isnt my truck but its my company i work
it was a manual trans
and an older truck so the clutch was really hard to push down i practically had to stand on it plus the stick was way hard to get into gear i knew the gears just it slips out when ever it wants to
lol so im gonna try to get more practice with the 06 we got which is much better for shifting and clutch

Old 06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
TruckForum Addict
Talking well my truck is done with all its problems know

i just replaced teh egr valve today after work
also before i left work i got my reciever hitch put on the correct way
i had to drill holes into my frame cause the previous owner didnt mount it properly so i did i used half inch 3/4 inch head bolts with a washer one the both sides of the frame and i used locking nuts so it wont come loose
i feel good know that my truck is completely runnning alot better know for the body im thinking cab corners and rockers soon to come then after that some sand walnut blasting on the frame and undercoating it with rhino liner then the truck will be done

Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Default started new truck book today

1st entry;
Brought it home today! got it home with 17 mi on odo, wandering how the trip odo reads 17.1 ?!?!?!?!
Stealth Grey Metallic,2500HD, crew, short,4x4,duramax, "2011 -GMC Denali"
Black leather and every available option, ..."Including the air cond seats!!!"
dealer filled gas AND DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID tanks
2nd entry;
note on to do list "overthrow small country to repay loan"

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...