Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Beginner
Default Today

I replaced the Idler Pulley, Belt Tensioner, U-Joints, and greased the yoke.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Administrator

I hate to get my truck dirty.
But it was fun.
I GET A LITTLE MUD ON THE TIRES

Name:  Mudonthetires002.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  169.8 KB

Name:  Mudonthetires003.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  218.1 KB

Name:  Mudonthetires001.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  214.5 KB

Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 AM

This weekend I repaired the spare tire hoist and installed a class "C" receiver hitch on my 2000 Silverado, for some light towing.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default got some winter snow and road salt protection done on my truck

i got the entire frame under my suburban undercaoted today did it with hurculiner bed liner took about 3 gallon cans of it to cover everything but the axles and driveshafts i am not gonna under coat those i am gonna paint them with engine paint probable gonna be black or chevy red not sure yet
also found why my suburban wont start

Old 10-29-2011, 09:29 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by cubpak89
i got the entire frame under my suburban undercaoted today did it with hurculiner bed liner took about 3 gallon cans of it to cover everything but the axles and driveshafts i am not gonna under coat those i am gonna paint them with engine paint probable gonna be black or chevy red not sure yet
also found why my suburban wont start
I'd love to see some pictures of the finished product!

Old 11-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Default Checking in...

Hey Fellas,

Been a while since I last chimed in, but I've been swamped between work and school. On top of that just found out I'll be shopping for my first baby seat for the truck JK. we've been trying for a while and I couldn't think of any other mod that would make me happier than a car seat. That being said, I did take the Predator DiabNO' tuner junk off the truck and had the HP tune installed. To program the tune I had it put on the dyno. Along with tuning software I had the cats cut off and built my own custom CAI with a throttle body spacer. All in all, it made 238rwhp and 259rwtq. The Mustang model dyno reads lower than others, but the numbers are more accurate. With no accurate way to calculate wheel to flywheel hp I don't really know how much I gained with the mods. I know everybody says its 20%-25% with rwd, but the math doesn't add up: I can detail it if anyone's interested. Anyway, here's the link to the youtube of the dyno:
. And I'll try to get those pics up soon. Happy moddin'

Old 11-05-2011, 01:50 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default went to the junk yard

went to a local junkyard found plenty of parts for the burban but didnt have time to pull the parts as it closed at noon on saturdays
then stoped by my buddies friends house and baught some fenders for the burban there gold and black
so that is what i did

Old 11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
TruckForum Addict

I put in new pins in my driver side door hinges. Took all of about 10 minutes. I did the top pin on Thursday with my buddy at like 10:30 at night after school, then did the other bottom one today with my little brother.

So all in all, took about 20 minutes total, and my door doesn't bang on the fender or bottom of the door frame anymore! It swings quiet and smooth now. I'm happy for only $15ish

Old 11-11-2011, 08:27 PM
TruckForum Addict

Today I had my 20s balanced and my mom's 17s balanced at Discount tire. Then I had them rotate the 17's onto my truck and my 20's onto my mom's Avalanche. Seeing how much horse power I gain and more inportantly if my MPG increase by how much. It definately has more power running down the highway. Punch it and it will push me harder into the seat. And my truck sits noticeably lower. Even my buddy noticed it right away by just sitting in it. Results of MPG will be calculated after each fillup and then rotate the tires back to the rightful truck in 3 to 5K miles. Then I will decide if I will go to a 17 inch rim.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:08 PM
TruckForum Addict

Swapped out my two black rims for silver ones and repacked the driver side wheel bearings. For the record, this little thing is an amazing invention! I can use the grease in my grease gun. This thing works perfectly for these older 2wd truck bearings. Pushes out all the old grease amazingly well. I'll never pack a wheel bearing the same way again.

Amazon.com: Alemite Wheel Bearing Packer #B-412: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Alemite Wheel Bearing Packer #B-412: Home Improvement
Got mine from autozone for $7.99

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...