Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum Discuss the Dodge Ram and Ram 1500 here.

2009 Hemi intermittent front brake drag

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Default 2009 Hemi intermittent front brake drag

Hi new to the forum. I have a 2009 Hemi that occasionally drags the right front brake. First time this happened it pulled left, shook the steering wheel and smelled the right front pads. Also of course the wheel was smoking hot. After letting it cool down and checking for stuck caliper, couldn't find a thing. Then it drove fine for days and today it did the same after driving for about 40 minutes. I pulled over, let it cool and low and behold, the caliper worked fine all the way home. I am confused. I read about the rubber brake lines issue. Could it be that, ruptured liner in the rubber brake portion of the line? Is that why it is always the same side that does it (right front) The left and the rears seem fine. Anybody else experienced similar things with this truck?

It's going in under warranty, but I would appreciate any comments. Great forum. Great information.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gootch
Hi new to the forum. I have a 2009 Hemi that occasionally drags the right front brake. First time this happened it pulled left, shook the steering wheel and smelled the right front pads. Also of course the wheel was smoking hot. After letting it cool down and checking for stuck caliper, couldn't find a thing. Then it drove fine for days and today it did the same after driving for about 40 minutes. I pulled over, let it cool and low and behold, the caliper worked fine all hid kits the way home. I am confused. I read about the rubber brake lines issue. Could it be that, ruptured liner in the rubber brake portion of the line? Is that why it is always the same side that does it (right front) The left and the rears seem fine. Anybody else experienced similar things with this truck?

It's going in under warranty, but I would appreciate any comments. Great forum. Great information.
I've never heard of something like this happen but it may be the ruptured liner in the rubber brake portion. Since its under warranty you should ask them how they fixed the problem and what it was when its done.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Beginner

Maybe the flex brake line at the front wheel. Should be replaced in pairs.If thats the problem