New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

What would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by DefStatic
Yeah, I am looking at F-150's now. Well, looking at a lot of things, but got my eye on a few F-150s.

You cant go wrong with a F-150, and that is a nice looking Jeep.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Viper
You cant go wrong with a F-150, and that is a nice looking Jeep.
The pics do it no justice. I will have to take more pics of the underneath and engine when the transmission is back in. It is headed to a man in Cali who only customizes Mopar transmissions. According to calculations, the engine is producing somewhere around 425HP, which is quite a bit more than stock and the transmission just couldn't take it anymore. Especially after a day of driving in Boston.

My father loves Fords, so I figured I would give them a try. I see little to no complaints about their trucks. Ultimately I am simply after a really good deal. I don't want something too nice, because this is technically just a DD. But I would like something decent too.

I love my Saturn, and when I get the time this summer, I will combine the 96 and 99 into one good car. But I am just not dropping another dime into it right now. My existing car loan payment is done this month, and I quit smoking (4 months now). So I have a bit of money to play with. If it werent for my bad credit, I would prob be in some truck right now.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 AM

So I have setup my RSS feeds to cover New England, searching for all vehicles in the $6000 range with pictures in these catagories:

Ford F-150
Ford Ranger
Chevy S-10
Dodge Dakota

Primarily looking for Ford F-150's. But if the deal is right on something else I wont pass it up.

I wish I just had the cash in hand. I am finding it tough to deal with these smaller dealerships. They have something, then they don't. or they take forever to get back to me.